Sunday, March 2, 2008

A non-Rhythmic poem, or thinking.

A while back I wrote this in a time of trial. It started out with me really questioning the Lord and his will. These verses are the result of my musings.


I heard that the sound of the wind is not always in sync with it's effects.

I heard that as far as you can see there will always be something that you don't

I heard that life is not always as easy as death

I heard the sound of many a nation crying out.

I heard the sound of the footsteps of death fast approaching 

I heard the sounds of of despair even at my door

I heard the sounds of my soul weeping for life

I heard the sound of of darkness suffocating light

I heard the sound of life, crushed from the innocent

I heard the sound of the innocent crying for love

I heard the sound of despair clutching at my heart

I heard the sound of my heart caving under its pressure

I heard the sound of my spirit screaming for the truth

I heard the sound of The Truth speaking softly

I heard the sound of my heart melting

I heard the sound of The Life calming my soul

I heard the sound of my soul embracing Life

I heard the sound of the Way being shown

I heard the sound of my spirit responding to Life

I heard the sound of a voice

I heard the sound of the Love

I heard the sound

I saw the Light 

The Way

The Truth

The Life.

I beheld the Face of Christ

1 comment:

FCN said...

Wow, David, that's powerful. I'm not a poet, but I think it's better than most of the poetry by creative writing majors that I read in school journals. I enjoyed reading it.