Friday, February 22, 2008

Introduction

Today I observed a phenomenon that I had doubtless witnessed multiple times before but never processed. I was in a room that had no source of light save a window which faced the east. I was sweeping up when I noticed something, as I stood in the beams of light all the particles of dust showed up in startling detail. I began to hold my breath when I thought about what I was doing. "The dust is in the air all the time, Why is it now that I am refraining from breathing?" It was because I could see was in the air. Then a thought occurred to me, "Doesn't this apply to our Christian life as well?" If we are standing outside the light of God's word, how can we see that what we are doing is wrong? It is impossible,  Psalms 119:105 says "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Thus if we are concerned about what we are actually being exposed to (which we should be) it is vital to remain in Christ's light. And if we stand in the light and see the state of things, maybe, just maybe we will consider what we expose ourselves to. My prayer for this blog is that by reading these posts you will be encouraged to place yourself in the light and consider all the things you do habitually. and when you see the imperfections in it you will be encouraged to remain more and more in the light and to consume less and less "Motes of Dust

1 comment:

FCN said...

Wow! I love the idea. It sounds so painful! But of course, nothing in Zapfino typeface can be all that bad. I'm looking forward to the next post.