Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Redemption

Sometimes I wonder. Sometimes I ponder. Sometimes I think I think of all. And then again there are times when I am just in awe. Now is one of those times.

You wanna know something amazing? Mankind are sinners. Sinners deserve death. Death is eternal. You wanna hear something? God is just, Justifies sinners, sinners become saints.

Many times I hear this and gloss it over as simply theology, or teaching. But when you really think about it as Christians this should be the thought that occupies our every moment. For without this amazing redemption we would be undone. Have you ever stopped to think of the effects God's grace and mercy has upon you? I have but the times are so few and far between that I forget them so easily, without Gods grace we would not be able to face tomorrow. Knowing what we know about the utter depravity of man and his ultimate sinful nature we simply could not even justify getting out of bed. But thanks to god we have a hope that even though the day seems dark, there is a light that never goes out and it is worth living for. Oh what an amazing redemption.



A whisper of a breath
A breath of a kiss
a kiss of death
A death unto life.

Live unto a shadow
a shadow of the light
A light in the darkness
a darkness defeated.

A mirror in a field
A field of dreams
dreaming of a crowd
a crowd crying out.

A echoing noise
a noisy silence
a silent aching
an aching heart

A bleeding people
a peopled land
a land of desert
a deserted love

An outward cool
a cooled heart
a heart shaped void
a voided debt

A bleeding side
beside the way
away on a hill
a hill hard climbed

A thorny crown
a crowned head
ahead of his time
times run out

A tomb in the rock
a rock in the front
a confronted guard
a guarded heart

A light sound
a sound of life
a life remade
made to live

glancing down
downward soul
soul lifted up
upwards drawn

healed hands
hands that touch
touch the heart
hearty joy

A breath of life
life of his breath
breath of God
God’s son come




P.S. (a side note)
Now no doubt you all (all two of you) have grow tired of my "poetry" It probably is not very good so I will try to write more prose. Unless of course I can't, in which case you two will have to deal with it.

3 comments:

FCN said...

Oh my goodness, my brain has ached so many time trying to understand this stuff, I don't think I'll even say anything about it now. I think now is a time to be "just in awe."

Don't stop with the poetry - this one's my favorite so far. (It's getting closer to meter all the time ;-)

ruthyruthyruthy said...

Yes please don't stop. I have been very much enjoying it. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I can't believe I just now found your blog!!! I had never truly looked at Matthew's blogroll before. Very bad.... But I can tell already that I will enjoy your blog very much! Wonderful post, and I look forward to returning soon.