Sunday, April 13, 2008

Change

Does it ever seem to you that life in general is made up of change and subsequently hurt? Does it ever seem like the only time things change is after you have developed an attachment to it? Does it ever seem like the only reason things change is to shake life up?

Yes. it does.



How quickly things just seem to change
Or maybe its me that changes things
One day everything seems so fine
The next waiting for what the rain will bring

A beautiful day, the sun shines bright
the clouds seem so far off
you feel as light as the air or a feather
And then it hits you like a rock

Reality, falls on your parade like hail
Your picture perfect happenings just aren’t
Everything you hoped and dreamed
just had fallen and turned out wrong

The euphoric sense of complete control
Of having your cards all in a row
Of planning out your every step
Of feeling like its all gonna go

But then again sometimes I think
I think I understand
The reason for this non control
Is because there is a better plan

A plan thought out from the dawn of time
Written in book,
Sometimes I long in my foolishness
That I would like to take a look

But I never can, and I never will
Not until my days are done,
When my life has given up
And we all shine like the sun.

On that most blessed day
on that bright and far off shore
I will look back on the life I lived
And see that God worked all for good

Oh what a God that concerns Himself
With us so small and frail
That would take his time to write it out
And say what our life would entail

So when the parade that I had wrought
Is over, done and gone
We still can count upon Our God
For it is us that he has bought.


But then again, there is always a reminder of the truth.

Hallelujah!

No comments: