Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cracked lips....

Just some quick random poetry this time... Descending into despair..


I hurt.
I feel.
I bleed.
I cry.

I think and
sleep
and then I
sigh.

the tears I shed
run down my cheeks
and rest on curves
of broken lips.

A sigh escapes past bleeding mouth
from swollen throbbing tongue
it rose and fell with change of heart
and sways and swells with lung.

My emanating cry rose up
through curtain, bone and air
it echoed through my empty frame
and continued like a prayer.

The room in which I dwell alone
Is cold and devoid of friends
the coffee’s long been chilled and old
and the lights have all been bent

The shadows playing in the corners
creep along the walls
they rest upon my darkened soul
and slink down narrow halls.

Cries rise up from broken lips
from the throats of desperate men
the screams of a thousand shattered hearts
Rise up and take the wind.


And that is where I stopped... For no particular reason....

You know its funny how our ideas about life can change so drastically... One day all seems fine and then the next the cobwebs seem to come out and play. But one thing that I must keep in the forefront of my vision is Our God is God whether I feel like He is or not... and I can avail myself of his hand.....

3 comments:

Jonno said...

Excellent poem. I hope you find hope, friend.

Anonymous said...

I like the poem; I think it's one of the better ones you've posted.

I'm praying for you, David. "The joy of the Lord is your strength" (Neh 8:10).

ruthyruthyruthy said...

mhmmmmm.... :) yes. I like it.